- When we say “you” or “your” we mean users of the Sellables Website (like you!).
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information We Collect
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your shopping experience, and to support our business functions.
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers and driver’s license numbers
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Purchase history information, such as the products you have bought, rented and returned
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships
- Education information, such as degree and schooling information
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information about you in two different ways: (1) Information you provide directly to us and (2) information we collect from others.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You provide information to us when you interact with the Sellables Website, including when you join our mailing list, create an account, place an order on Sellables, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by us.
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the Sellables Website.
The Sellables Website may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe’s instructions here (instruction vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash).
Web server logs and Web Beacons
Web server logs may collect information about your device, operating system, browser, domain, and other system settings, such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located; the address of the Web page that referred you to the Sellables Website; the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and other information about your interaction with the Sellables Website, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place small electronic tags called Web beacons on our Web pages and in our emails, which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies. Again, without web server logs and web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Sellables Website.
Mobile Applications, Device Identifiers, and SDKs
When you install a mobile app that we provide, we may use or work with partners and service providers who use mobile “SDKs” or similar code, in order to collect information such as device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), IP addresses, Internet connection information, as well as details about your device (such as device type), mobile browser or operating system, or about how you interact with our apps or services. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how our customers use our applications and make a purchase, or to deliver or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. These SDKs (or other, similar mobile applications and code) may collect mobile identifiers or geolocation information, which may be precise, GPS-level information.
Information We Receive from Other Sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services and marketing to you, and prevent or detect fraud.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business, and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
The ad services we use to collect information from you may track your online activities over time and across websites. If we use a third party to collect this information, they may use this information to show you advertisements for Sellables or others that are tailored to your individual interests or characteristics and/or based on prior visits to our websites. We and third-party vendors may use these cookies together and may combine them with other data we collect from you, (1) to inform, optimize, and serve ads (including ads based on past visits to the Sellables Website) and (2) to report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to the Sellables Website). To learn more about interest-based advertising generally, including how to opt-out from the targeting of interest-based ads by some of our current ad service partners, click here.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a voluntary program among Internet advertisers that is intended to give users the ability to opt-out of behavioral targeting and advertising. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” settings.
How We Share Your Information
In addition, if you sign up for an account by clicking on an affiliate or referral link (e.g., on a social media site or elsewhere online) served by someone who has identified you as a contact of theirs, we may share your personal information with that contact. We may also inform people who identify you as their contact whether or not you have a Sellables account, e.g., to permit them to serve as your Sellables referral.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your personal information: if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or legal process; when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to governmental or regulatory requests; when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; in connection with an investigation of unlawful activity, and for fraud detection and prevention.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the “How To Contact Us” section below or, where applicable on the Sellables Website, you may make these choices directly by logging into your account. You may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us.
We take many steps to protect your information, but we can’t promise that our security program will eliminate all security risks. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk.
But we do ask you to please help protect your information. There are a number of things you can do, such as:
- Using a unique password for the Sellables Website that never has or will be used anywhere else — please think up a new one that you never used before, and please only use that password with us;
- Protecting the confidentiality of your login information — don’t give your username or password to anyone, anywhere, anytime;
- Accessing the Sellables Website only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software (this makes the Sellables Website work better anyway); and
- Notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity via our Customer Service team.
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats. For further information about protecting your security, visit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/computer-security.
Links to Other Websites and Online Services
The Sellables Website may provide links to other third party websites and online services, such as merchants or manufacturers of products sold on the Sellables Website or third-party service providers that help the Sellables Website operate. Linked websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content or use of any third-party websites or services or their privacy or security practices.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act:
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information.
- You can ask that we stop selling your personal information.
More information on each of these requests is below.
- What personal information do you collect about me? If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by the law):
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
- Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, the deletion may be accomplished through the de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use a certain website or in-store functions that require your personal information to operate. Deleting your personal information will not cancel any memberships you have purchased.
- Stop Selling My Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances, a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our Sellables family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. For purposes of California law, all categories of personal information, except for government identifiers, are transferred to third parties or within our family of companies. Such transfers may be considered a sale. If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services that require the usage of your personal information to function.
Your Privacy Rights – Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Cal. Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to California customers’ inquiries about the categories of personal information that are shared for third parties’ direct marketing purposes, over the prior calendar year. You may send those inquiries to our Customer Service team to learn the categories of personal information that we may have shared during the prior calendar year.
How to Contact Us